Stable Investor has been around since 2011 and I have already written several hundred articles covering various aspects of Wealth Building – Investing, Personal Finance, Financial Planning and Common Sense. The last one might not seem important but believe me, it is.
Till the last count, there were 800+ articles here. These might be a few months worth of reading material. But I suggest you bookmark this page and keep coming back here as and when you get time.
So with hundreds of articles to choose from, where do you start?
I propose you start with the popular ones first…
Popular Personal Finance Articles
- 17 Disturbing Personal Finance Questions to Ask Yourself
- 19 Simple Ideas of Wealth Creation
- What not to do with Rs 10 Lacs?
- Don’t Mix Insurance & Investment
- 66 Things Not to do if You want to be better of financially
- These People will Always Lose Money
- PPF Interest Rate History
- Buy Health Insurance to protect your Wealth!
- Health Care Inflation – Future Horror
- How to Calculate the Right Life Insurance Amount?
- Parents are not Emergency Fund. Children are not Retirement Fund.
- You get ‘Returns’ you Deserve. Not What you Want
- Living Paycheck to Paycheck? Solution: Treat Savings as Monthly Bills
Popular Financial Planning Articles
- When is your Financial Independence Day?
- Tax Planning is not Enough? And sadly, it won’t make you Rich
- Goal based Financial Planning – Guaranteed to Work!
- FIRE – Financial Independence & Retiring Early
- 717 words of Rock Solid Principles to make You Rich + Smart
- How salaried young Indians can use Section 80C to Grow Rich?
- How Wrong Assumptions Can Destroy Your Happy Retirement Plans?
- Convince your Husband/Wife to start Investing
- Saving 10% of Salary – Is it Enough?
Popular Investing Articles
- 52 Week Highs & Lows – How to Profit from Fluctuations in Sensex & Nifty Stocks
- Pay Off Loan or Start Investing?
- Bad News Investor
- Why are IPOs Overpriced & come in Rising Markets?
- Why I Pray for Market Crashes & Bear Markets?
- Mutual Funds Vs. Real Estate
- 6-feet tall and drowning in 5-feet deep River
- Don’t ignore Large Cap Stocks
- Do Indian markets Bounce Off PE 12 and 24?
- Stock Markets don’t go up in Straight Line. Don’t Forget.
- Keep A Cool Head Guide to PE-based Investing
- If you took a loan of Rs 5 lacs and Invested in Nifty
- Should You Buy Stocks after the recent 10% Crash or Wait More?
- 98 Most Powerful Words – To make you Rich
- Amazing story of Monkey & Goats
- Proof of How small is India’s largest company
- Yes. You Can Predict Stock Market Movements
- Can’t beat the markets? You should still invest
- Roti, Kapda, Makaan & Equity
- Improve your Living Standard – A Stunning Example!
- Trick yourself into becoming a Value Investor – using Nifty PE Ratio
- 100+ Warren Buffett Quotes
- 37 Quotes from the Intelligent Investor
Browse The Archives
The articles listed above are just a few of the popular ones. You also have the option of going through the complete Archives section. Or you can take a look at Stable Investor’s year-wise collections:
- Best of 2022
- Best of 2021
- Best of 2020
- Best of 2019
- Best of 2018
- Best of 2017
- Best of 2016
- Best of 2015
- Best of 2014
- Best of 2013
- Best of 2012
- Best of 2011
- Do you have Surplus Money for 5+ Years? Do This
- Amazing power of increasing your SIP by 5% to 10% every year
- How to accumulate Rs 8+ Crores starting with just Rs 10,000?
- How a 10-year delay can destroy your ‘Get-Rich’ Plan?
- When investing for 10 years pays more than investing for 30 years
- Building Wealth through Systematic Investing in Mutual Funds
- How to accumulate Rs 1 crore in 10 years?
- How a reader created a Rs 4 Crore corpus in less than 10 years?
- Surprising results of combining a HDFC Top 200 MF and Recurring Deposit
- The Big Proof that timing of markets is not necessary
- How to become a Crorepati?
- Sure-Shot Indicators of when to Buy-Low and Sell-High
- Do Indian markets bounce between PE-12 and PE-24?
- Kenneth Andrade – Indian Mid Cap Mogul
- Jonathan Clements – Author of 1008+ Articles in Wall Street Journal
- Morgan Housel – Legend-in-Making
- John Huber – Saber Capital
- Vishal of SafalNiveshak
- My Interview – Here and here
Indian Stock Market’s Overall Valuations
And I must confess here that I am a firm believer that the chances of making mistakes in bull markets are much higher than that in bear markets. And due to this, I make it a point to regularly track overall market valuations of Indian markets before taking any investment decisions – I use indicators like P/E ratio, P/BV ratio and Dividend Yields to get a broad idea about overall valuations.
There is even a dedicated page to track these ratios on a monthly basis.
About Me (Dev)
My name is Dev Ashish and I am a SEBI Registered Investment Advisor. I am also a private investor (since the early 2000s) working towards my goal of financial independence.
As a SEBI Registered fee-only Investment Advisor, I help people put their financial lives in order:
Click to know How I Can Help You?
Prior to this, I worked in the banking and energy sector in strategic roles for many years.
I am neither very old (as many say – my investment philosophy make me look) nor very young. I am just somewhere in between (wrote when I was 30).
I strongly believe in avoiding mistakes when it comes to investing and advocate the concept of 3 Cs. And yes, I do pray FOR stock market crashes. 🙂
On a personal front, I love to travel and simplify + declutter my life.
And if you want to know more about me, you can either head to the About Me section or read 17 things which most people didn’t know about me. You can even read my interview with Safal Niveshak (here) and Wealthy (here). Or if you want to know about my credentials, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn too.
I Appreciate You!
I want to finish off by saying that for the past 10 years, I have been writing here not only for myself but also for the ever-growing number of you readers – who have strengthened my faith in long term investing and improving personal finances.
I’m here for you, not only as a writer and a learner myself but also as a friend. 🙂
I do my best to respond to all emails – it’s getting tougher as this site gains in popularity, but I will always do my best to respond!
And if I ever give you a feeling that I am trying to act like a guru or a legend, then that would be completely unacceptable. I do not hold myself above anybody. I am not special. I am just a normal guy who wants to invest and live according to a proven set of conservative and no-nonsense rules.
Thank you so much for your support.
And it would be great to have you join several thousand active members in the Stable Investor Community.
Just came across your blog….great stuff..I have been an investor for the past 5 years.But surely your blogs are a eye opener..great…keep up the good work..
Comments are closed.