You know this. Your 9-to-5 job is not exactly that. If you also account for the mental stress and mind-f***s you get, it is much closer to 24×7.
Zoom out a bit and its 24×365.
Zoom out a bit more (and assuming you begin working at 25 and do so till 60), it becomes a monstrous 24x365x35.
That’s it. Game over!
You work for money but it’s the job that owns you. And your time.
Slavery isn’t the right word I know. But 😉
If you don’t like this cycle of Earn-PayBills-GetStressed-Repeat, then things won’t change by themselves. You got to take control. You got to do something about it. It won’t be easy. But at least you won’t be guilty of not making an effort. Isn’t it?
And for those who don’t really like the 9To5 life, becoming financially independent can free you from this cycle. And it’s worth it.
Here are a few articles to get you going if you still haven’t read them:
- FIRE = Financial Independence and Retiring Early
- Financial Independence Vs Early Retirement Vs Financial Freedom
- How to Accelerate your Financial Freedom?
- Plan your finances to become Financial Independence
- 46 Random Thoughts on FIRE
- What about Involuntary (Forced) Early Retirement? (For those who don’t feel interested in financial independence and early retirement?)
So go on. Your freedom from 9-to-5 is within your reach. You just have to have a strong will and a real desire to begin the journey.