I will tell you 3 short stories about 3 very different men.
This story is about Rahul. Rahul was a middle aged working professional, who inherited his father’s stock portfolio worth Rs 70 Lacs in 2006. The portfolio was made up of some decent companies like HUL, Nestle, SBI, etc. But in Bull Run of 2008, share prices of most of these boring businesses did not rise like some of the other crap that went up during that time. Rahul sold most of the stocks he inherited from his father and invested in then-glamorous companies like Suzlon, Unitech and few other un-nameable
business so-called businesses. As of today, that Rs 70 lac has turned into Rs 10 Lacs and Rahul repents what he did. But he knows what mistakes he made. As of today, he wants to leave his children with an inheritance of good stocks like his father did.
This story is about Jignesh. Jignesh is a 55 year old government employee who has been dabbling in stock markets for last 20 years. But ask him how he fared in these 20 years and you will get to know that there is nothing much to tell about. His portfolio consists of shares of more than 70 companies of all variety and sizes. Most of these were bought at high prices which Jignesh is never going to see again. Worse is the fact that he bought more to average down his purchase costs. He is not able to sleep at night because, apart from the pension he will get after retirement and real estate, his stock portfolio was suppose to be his only savior in old age. As of today, he is still waiting for a massive rally, which can push up the share prices of companies he holds (and are down more than 70% in value). And when such rally comes, Jignesh plans to sell these and invest in shares of sound businesses.
This story is about Venkatraman. Venkat has been trading in stock markets for last 20 years. But he cannot be said to be a man who has a knack of making money by trading. But now, his portfolio is not the only thing Venkat is worried about. It’s his 22 year old son Ganesh. Ganesh is working in a reputed IT company and has recently become interested in stock markets. And having started investing after the crash of 2009, he has a better track record of investing than his father Venkat’s. And that is where the stress is building. The son does not respect his father and feels that he is not made correct financial decisions. Venkat is aware of his son’s views. He now wants to approach stock markets more sensibly and more importantly, wants to regain his son’s respect.
Though I have changed names to protect their identity, these 3 men are not figments of my imagination. These guys mailed me their stories and how stock market has affected much more than just their finances. And to be honest, I have received several such mails during last one year.
But this post is not about identifying mistakes made by Rahul, Jignesh or Venkat.
We all make mistakes. But sooner we learn from them, better it is. All 3 men and many more like them have lost money in stock markets because they wanted to become rich overnight and took unnecessary risks.
But to become rich, all they needed was a few simple ideas and a dose of patience to stick with those ideas.
And for past two years, I have been trying to make people understand that it’s not tough to make money in stock markets.
You just need to be sensible, have discipline and be patient. That’s all.
And as an extension of the work I have been doing here, I am happy to present something special which I have created for you…
The idea of launching Stable Investor’s Ultra Long Term Stocks is simple. And it is to help you become rich in the long run.
What Will You Get By Joining?
- Detailed but easy to understand analysis of Companies which can be bought for decades.
- Thoughts on how to invest in such companies(Lump Sum Investments / Staggered Purchases)
- Analysis of Special Events which cause temporary undervaluation in wonderful companies. This can help you take advantage of such short term mis-pricings in stock markets.
- Focus would be on selecting stocks based on simple, solid & passive form of investing. I am not into regular churning of portfolio to make a quick buck. I personally do, and want you to invest for decades so that you can become rich in the long run. And because of this approach, Ultra Long Term Stocks will include:
– Only those Stocks that allow you to leave a rich legacy
– Only those Stocks that allow you to sleep peacefully at night
– Only those Stocks that will make your children respect you
How Is This Different From Services Offered By Other People?
If you have above question in your mind, then it’s a pretty valid concern. My answer to this question is that…
- This service is a result of one-man operation (that’s me). And I am a risk-averse investor who believes in taking simple, sure shot bets rather than going after multibaggers. I am neither offering hot stock tips nor any kind of portfolio management services. I am sharing my ideas about stocks which have capability of creating wealth in the long run.
- Others service provides have many people working for them. And their teams can generate stock research reports and analysis on a daily basis. But being along here, I cannot do that. And the benefit of this is that I focus more on giving less number of concrete ideas rather than giving more numbers of daily/monthly ideas.
- The number of ideas that would be shared with you all would depend on current state of markets. The number of ideas I would be sharing would be more in Bear markets than in Bull markets. This is in contrast to what other commercial players are offering. Generally, these players increase the number of BUY calls with rising markets. And that is against common sense.
When Is Ultra Long Term Stocks Launching?
Stable Investor’s Ultra Long Term Stocks would be launched on 15th June 2014. Don’t worry. Regular posts of Stable Investor would continue to remain free. 🙂
But Ultra Long Term Stocks would be exclusively about stocks for long term wealth creation.
How Can You Join?
As mentioned, the service would be launched on 15th June 2014. But you can Pre-Registerfor the same right now.
Sorry…Pre-Registrations Have Closed.
I will continue sharing details about Ultra Long Term Stocks with readers of this site. Additionally, those who pre-register will receive detailed updates and special offers.
In case you have any specific query, feel free to drop a mail at email@example.com