- Quite contrary to my interests now, I graduated to become an engineer. A first in a family of doctors and lawyers.
- Even though I am an MBA now, my legs are still pulled for being the least educated one in my family – where many are double post-graduates and PHDs.
- When I was young, I wanted to become a painter – then a locomotive driver – then an astronaut. As of today, I have not been able to manage any of these three.
- I remember being pretty good at drawing and sketching. I even got admission in India’s best architectural college. And that too without doing any preparation for competitive exams. But somehow I never thought of becoming an architect and so never went for it. You might be wondering that if I was not interested in it, then why did I even give the exam? The answer is because of forced by my friends to give all the exams, which they were giving. 🙂
- I have the honour (which some refer to as the biggest mistake of my life), of quitting a very safe government job. I don’t regret it. But somehow, the people who come to know of it seem sadder about it. 🙂
Currently, I have a day job. I am now a SEBI-registered Investment Advisor. So you can say that Investment Advisor via Stable Investor is the only thing I do.
- I started a financial blog way back in 2005. But somehow, it never got many readers. So I deleted it. I once again tried my hands at financial blogging in 2011 when I started Stable Investor.
- I have been an avid blogger since 2003 and used to maintain a personal blog till 2010. But once I started writing here, there was almost zero motivation to write on the personal one. I am once again planning to start a personal blog.
- In 2002, I started a free monthly E-Magazine. After 2 months, I made it paid. Any guesses on how many people bought it? Zero!
- My mother and wife are much better at managing money than me. I still wonder how they do it.
- I love travelling. And if possible, I want to move to the mountains permanently.
- I got interested in Buddhism (as a way of life) in the early 2000s. Never converted though. But still believe a lot in simplifying life. Till now, it doesn’t seem to be getting any simple. I am still trying.
- When I was young, I used to maintain cricket record books. And I used to update these books every day after reading the sports section of the newspaper. Even today, quite a lot of my time online is spent browsing through the Statistics section of ESPN-Cricinfo’s website.
- One of my dreams is to write a script for a movie about stock markets. And to tell you the truth, the story is already half-baked in my head. So if you know some directors or producers or someone from Bollywood or Hollywood, you now know whom to refer. 🙂
- There are quite a few people, who think that it was after talking extensively with me, that their finances are in much better shape today. This at times, makes me feel that it is very easy to give advice, but very difficult to implement it personally.
- I love to write. When I was a kid, I used to write every day during my summer holidays. And that was not for completing some summer projects or homework. It was just for the heck of writing.
- I am a non-vegetarian. I can eat hundreds* of kebabs when in my hometown famous for world-famous kebabs.
*I exaggerated. But can still manage around
20 10 now.
Congratulations on having read through this list. I am not sure if everyone would be interested in reading a list of fun facts about a my life. But I still wanted to share all this with you.
So if you did manage to read all of it, I thank you. And if you didn’t, never mind…I don’t think you will miss anything important. 🙂