- I will increase my SIP contributionsthis year by 10%
- I will once again try to surrender an endowment-insurance policy, which an uncle of somebody sold me and I can’t surrender it, because of my family’s connection with that somebody’s uncle. 🙂
- I will increase my Emergency Fund to cover 6 months worth of my family’s expenses. Currently its at a risky 4 months. 🙁
- I will save atleast 5% of my take-home salary in my Travel-Fund. I will push my wife to do it too. 🙂 We love travelling and that requires planning and money. Apart from investing, I also rant (at times) about my travels on TripAdvisor. You can read a few here.
- I will read 3 books which I should have read long time back: (1) Letters from Stoic (2) Titan – The Life of John D Rockefeller (3) Make Your Mark
- I will re-read these 3 books: (1) Art of Thinking Clearly (2) The Intelligent Investor (3) Tap Dancing To Work
- I will use my Market Crash Fund (with courage)… if markets go down by 15%-20% this year.
That’s all. I wish you all a very happy and prosperous New Year.
I personally want markets to correct in 2015…and that is because like previous few years, I will continue to be a net buyer of stocks even this year. But if you need some of the money (you invested earlier) in 2015, then I will pray for it to be a bullish year for you. I will wait and buy shares in 2016 🙂
Once again, have a happy and prosperous new year. Will say Hi to all of you in 2015 now.